June market: sales up, price hits high mark
After several months of sales decreases compared to a year prior, June numbers were up both in terms of unit sales and median price. Even so, second quarter and year-to-date data showed sales numbers still lagging behind those of the second quarter in 2016.
Among the statewide highlights:
- Closed sales: The 2,097 residential home sales marked a 3.5 percent increase over June 2016, but second quarter was still 2.5 percent behind last year, and year to date sales (January through June) were 2.6 percent behind.
- Median sales price: The $279,900 is the highest median price in any single month on record at NHAR, and marks a 9.3 percent increase over June 2016. The second quarter median price of $272,500 is a 9 percent increase, and year to date ($264,000) is up 8 percent.
- Days on market: The average days on market in June was 62 days, a 14 percent drop from 2016. Meanwhile, second quarter days on the market dropped 15 percent and year to date was down nearly 14 percent.
- Inventory: There were 6,475 residential homes on the market at the end of June, a 24 percent decrease from June 2016. That meant a 4.4 months’ supply, the lowest June in at least 12 years and 24 percent lower than a year ago. New listings, on the other hand, marked a slight uptick from last month, with 620 new single family homes on the market in June.
There’s plenty more information where that came from. The New Hampshire REALTORS market report includes 10 different categories and historical data going back to 2006, as well as county-level data. Also included below is the long-term statewide data, dating back to 1998.
- For the complete June 2017 report, click here.
- For second quarter data, click here.
- For past monthly reports, click here.
- For statewide and county level data from 1998 to 2016, click here.
Your real estate agent is the best source of information about the local community and real estate topics. Give the Kevin Cooper a call today at 603-657-6787 to learn more about local areas, discuss selling a house, or tour available homes for sale.