Are you a NH First-Time Home Buyer? Wondering what you’ll need to qualify or which mortgage program is right for you?
Well, I have great news for you!
There are many different loan programs that are designed to meet the needs of a first-time homebuyer. Some of the most popular first-time homebuyer loans utilize government mortgage programs such as:
- FHA Loans – 3.5% down payment, 30-year fixed mortgage.
- VA Loans – $0 down. Must meet VA eligibility requirements.
- USDA Rural Developments Loans – $0 down. Must purchase in an approved Rural Development area and be below the maximum income limits.
- New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority (NHHFA) grant programs and other programs that assist with down payments.
- Rehab loans – Provide you with 96.5% of the money to buy the home and provide you with 96.5% of the money to fix it up. Great for buying a bank-owned home or other fixer-upper property (That’s only 3.5% of your own money).
The process of buying your first home starts with a pre-qualification. I have many referrals of trusted lenders that can help you determine the following:
- What price range you qualify for
- Which mortgage programs best meet your needs
- How much cash you need
- What the monthly payment will be
If you have questions call Kevin Cooper at 603-657-6787